The Account Executive is key to maintaining the relationship between the agency and the client. Account Executives are the liaison between the client and the agency to ensure the client’s needs and goals are being met on every project. The Account Executive also manages pitches to the client, the client relationship, gathering client needs, and identifying opportunities to help the client realize their goals.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling. Engage in all stages of the sales cycle, from prospecting to developing customer rapport, closing business and servicing accounts (60%)
- Expand sales footprint with existing and new accounts by introducing new products and services (10%)
- Managing communication with client and clearly communicating client requests using project management software; carefully reviewing/proofing and confirming that changes were completed as requested (10%)
- Meet with key decision makers and develop advertising programs that target client specific needs (5%)
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers to drive new business as well as protect and increase existing advertising (5%)
- Stay current on industry trends. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned (5%)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to work with a range of people.
- Professional, assertive manner and ability to instill confidence in and lead clients
- Strong creative, organizational, problem solving and time-management skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Must be well-organized.
- Professional appearance and persona.
- Working long hours, especially under tight deadlines.
- Travel to the client is required.
- Must be able to handle pressure well.
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience in local sales.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Two year related degree and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- It is beneficial to have knowledge of media, broadcasting, printing procedures, photography, illustration, search engine optimization, pay per click advertising, and web design.
Hours and Location
Exempt Outside Sales Position, office location in Eagle Point
Commission + Validated Salary