Social Media, like every other advertising medium works best for your brand when it’s layered. But the beauty of social media is that it’s easy to layer. Here are the top 5 ways to layer your social media for maximum effectiveness:
- Use Facebook as a collection point addresses for your email newsletter. Your Facebook page is an ideal place to collect email addresses from people who are interested in your brand. This allows you to deepen your relationships on Facebook with Direct Mail.
- Publish your television commercials on YouTube and publicize on Facebook and Twitter. If you’ve spent the money to produce good television, put it on YouTube and promote it’s presence on Twitter and Facebook.
- Use Facebook and Twitter to publicize significant updates to your website or blog. Your social media channels are ideally suited to spreading the word about updates to your website or blog. Pushing the content to your fans and followers relieves them of the necessity of discovering it for themselves.
- Use Facebook and Twitter to create interest in your upcoming sale. Start your campaign by letting your social media accounts announce that you’ve got a sale coming up and let them know when and where to find it. This will allow your campaign a jump start and get your results faster.
- Extend your print ad or coupon to Facebook. Use FBML markup to put your print ad or coupon for your latest sale on Facebook for your fans to take advantage of.
By using these simple techniques, you’ll re-purpose work you’re already doing and add layers as well as content to your social media channels. The best part is, you didn’t have to create anything new – you increased the effectiveness and reach of the advertising you’re already doing.