Hosting webinars on your website is a great way to increase the SEO of your website and attract new customers. Remember, SEO represents the ability of search engines to make a connection between your site’s content and search engine requests. Websites with good SEO rank higher in search engine results than other similar sites.
Developing and hosting webinars on your website has many benefits for a growing business:
- Increasing awareness and understanding of your products and services,
- Generating high-quality leads that are more likely to convert to sales,
- Increase site traffic and length of visit on your website,
- Opening opportunities for viewers to share archived webinars with colleagues,
- Greater possibilities for “raving fans” to backlink to your website.
Here are a few tips for optimizing webinar content:
- Work with a professional marketing agency to determine the right webinar software to use for your business that meshes well with your website.
- Plan your content well ahead of time. Consider what customers want to know about your product, and work to highlight the unique value proposition of your product or service. Plan to share (with their permission) success stories your clients have had with your product or service.
- Tap your marketing agency’s content and graphic design expertise to help develop your dialogue outline and build a presentation slide deck that is on-brand, easy-to-follow, and supplements your planned dialogue.
- Don’t rely on the camera and microphone on your computer–use high-quality video production equipment. These days, good systems won’t break the bank. The key to looking good on video is to employ a ring light with a modest investment of about $150. There are many plug-in microphone systems designed for video production in the range of $200. It’s easy to get multiple camera angles using a system like MEVO for about $1,000. The positive difference you’ll see from a $2,000 investment is dramatic.
- Rehearse and get feedback. Make sure you know how to use all the equipment, too.
- Have a backup laptop ready to go in case your primary system fails.
- Prepare a backdrop. Your backdrop doesn’t have to be fancy, just organized and on-brand. Take a few minutes to reorganize a shelf, add some greenery, and remove personal pictures. Close the blinds on windows to the room to prevent shadows or backlighting.
- Schedule your webinar for a Wednesday or Thursday because that’s when decision-makers tend to have the most free time. Use website analytic information from your marketing agency to learn what time of day has the most visitor traffic on your website; chances are that’s when your clients have the most time to attend a webinar, too.
- Promote your live webinar well in advance. Work with your marketing agency to create related content for articles on your website that support the topic (“topic clusters”) and include your webinar information in each. Use an email marketing program to disseminate information about the webinar and invite recipients to register to attend. Send out reminder emails.
- Ensure your webinar is being recorded so it can be archived on your website. You provide valuable information in a webinar, and many people prefer to get information from videos versus reading material. Your marketing agency can help code your webinar (title, headings, tags, etc.) to make the content easier to find in an internet search.
- Follow up with attendees. Each person who registered had an interest in your business. Make sure you or your representative contacts each attendee afterward to answer additional questions and determine if they have a possibility of conversion.
- Plan your next webinar. Once you get into the swing of things, you’ll learn how easy and comfortable it can be to continue to provide current and prospective customers with relevant information. Before long, your website will be considered a “go-to” resource, and people will seek out your company for expertise.
If you’d like to increase your web traffic and get more qualified leads, contact Paradux Media Group.
Our team of video production, graphic design, and content development professionals at Paradux Media can help you build and publish webinars that will grow your business. Diving into a new medium can seem daunting at first, but we’ll help you organize your resources, build your presentation, and even work with you to feel more confident and comfortable on camera. All you have to do is contact us, and we’ll show you how easy it is to get started.