- Read Time:
Keeping your WordPress website updated is critical to the safety and security of your site. Out of date software is the leading cause of malware infections and broken websites. Happily, updating your website is easy to do with this WordPress tutorial video, upgrading the core is simple and efficient. There is no reason to avoid upgrading your WordPress core, just follow these simple steps and ensure you have a good backup copy of both your database and files.
This WordPress Tutorial Video will show you how to:
- Backup the database and files for website before you upgrade your site
- Install your WordPress core upgrade
- Upgrade your Genesis Framework
- Upgrade any out-of-date plugins
- Remove unnecessary software that will automatically install with your upgrades
- Complete the upgrade process and ensure it all worked properly
- Finalize your upgrade process and make sure you have a viable backup of your upgraded site
When you’re done following the steps in this WordPress tutorial video, you’ll have an up-to-date website, sporting the latest and greatest software from WordPress. Upgrading your site will help to ensure that you’re at minimal risk for malware and that you have good backup versions of your website.