Scheduled Facebook Posts:
For admins of business pages this was something that was long overdue. There have always been a lot of 3rd party apps that
have given you the ability to schedule and deliver posts, but it always came with the little icon that was telling everyone that it was delivered by a 3rd party app.
Here’s how to schedule a Facebook Post:
- Create your post
- Click the small grey clock icon in the lower-left corner of the sharing tool
- Select the exact date and time you want your post to appear including: Year, month day, hour and minute
- Click the blue “Schedule” button
Scheduling Facebook Posts Rules:
- Facebook allows posts to be scheduled no more than 6 months in advance in 15-minute intervals.
- Scheduled posts cannot be made less than 10 minutes in advance.
- Once you schedule a post, post content cannot be edited– only the time. You can however cancel the scheduled post in the Activity Log (found through the “Manage” button in the Admin Panel) and create a new post with corrections. You must be logged in as ‘you’ and not the business page to see the scheduled post in the activity log.
- It appears that at this time that you can’t schedule a photo album, but most everything else seems to be game.
Facebook’s New Tools:
Facebook has rolled out three new posting tools in the past few weeks. Facebook Offer’s, Facebook Promote Button and now scheduled posts. Business owners can expect to see more of these features that really help enhance the way of managing your page. We’ve also seen a difference in the engagement, response rate and ‘likes’ that Facebook Ad’s are delivering.
I’m not a huge fan of scheduling posts. I can see the benefit to schedule one later that day because of the schedule, or maybe that week. The problem that you can run into is that you never know what is or can happen is a particular day, and if something tragic is dominating the newsfeed and then comes your cheery happy go lucky posts it could look a bit uncaring or out of place.
Use this as a tool to improve your engagement and time of day that you post, don’t have this tool create laziness in your posting.
If you have any questions we’d love to hear from you. Contact us for a free consultation: http://paraduxmedia.com/contact-us/