I’m funny. I’m charming. I’m creative, with a dash of witty … and humble. I’m very humble. I mean, who wouldn’t want a copywriter like me on their team?
Joking aside, unless I’m going to make you money, it doesn’t make sense for your business to hire a copywriter. So, in part one of this blog series we looked at what on-page and off-page SEO is, and then in part two of the blog series I told you how a strategy (ah!) gets developed.
Now, it’s time for you to consider if you should hire a copywriter. Executing an on-page SEO strategy is time-consuming, and requires diligent posting, follow-up and continued efforts.
But it really pays off.
With a 30 day blog challenge, you can expect to increase website traffic by about 100%. With a 6 month strategy in place, some of my clients have reported a 300% increase in sales leads.
One bed and breakfast we worked with reported twice as many opens in the very first (professionally copywritten) newsletter that was sent out to their email list.
So, there is absolutely no question that an on-page SEO strategy works – the question is whether you have the time energy and effort to devote to putting out everything you need to for this to work?
Or is it better for you to hire a copywriter to do it for you?
A copywriter can:
- Help you develop a content calendar for blogs, newsletters, etc
- Write your website copy, blogs, articles, newsletters, etc
- Increase website conversions on landing pages
- Create higher converting headlines (the number one key to traffic)
- Correctly tag, link and optimize your blogs for SEO
In life, if we encounter an obstacle, we head straight to the person who can help us take the least amount of our time to fix the problem. A mechanic makes our car work, and so on and so forth.
With your website, a copywriter saves you time by knowing that:
- Photos get twice as many clicks on social media
- Meta descriptions and lead images get blogs clicked on more often
- Calls-to-action are the number one converting factor on a webpage
- The time of day you post affects your readership
At any rate, if you have the budget for it, your SEO campaign is guaranteed to work if you give it the time, energy and effort it deserves. However, it’s equally important that if you can’t or don’t want to go at it alone, you use the right marketing professional to help you. Plus, I’m charming, witty, humble … oh, you get the idea.