Here are some buzz marketing ideas to get you started
- Why not work out a deal with a local coffee stand to hand out a discount card to your customers for their product? (talk about buzz marketing!)
- Better yet, work with that coffee stand to buy 20 coffees for their customers on a rainy Monday morning, the only catch is that the coffee cashier tells their customer that their coffee was purchased for them today by YOUR COMPANY and hands them a business size card that has messaging by you on it. Imagine how you’d feel if it happened to you.
- Do you have a drive-thru? Why not pay a local high school group to wash cars in your drive through one afternoon? Most of your customers will be thankful, and you can be assured they’ll talk about it the rest of the day to their friends and co-workers.
- While we’re on the subject of drive-thrus, why not partner with a local ice cream vendor to buy a bunch of ice-cream pops and hand them out one scorching hot summer day in your drive-through.
More Buzz Marketing Ideas
- Gone out to pick up your lunch at a local restaurant? Why not hand the cashier an extra $5 and ask them to buy lunch for someone behind you in line, again, tell them you’re company’s name and instruct them to let the customer know your business bought them lunch.
- How about taking energy bars, wrapping your own messaging around them (leaving the wrapper intact) and handing them out in front of a local gym one morning?
- Suppose you live in an area that offers curbside recycling but doesn’t offer the recycle bins? How about you get some, have them printed with your name and tagline and distribute them curbside on recycling day for homeowners?
- Want to make an impression on the commuting crowd? Why not get some silver dollars have some stickers printed up that say something catchy with your business name on it and put some dollars sticker side down at a bus stop, some more at the train station, and taxi stands?
- Are your customers’ big sports fans? What can you do to tie yourself to the sports team? Decorate your store for the big game at the very least, but what about handing out small team balls? Or organize a giveaway promotion for season tickets?
Reaching the Students and Those that Support Them
- Do you court the university student crowd? How about an afternoon pizza party at your store for students – with free pizza. Students will do a lot of things for free pizza. Of course, find a way to partner with a local pizzeria to get the pizza.
- If you’re after the university business crowd, how about partnering with local businesses to provide a complete graduation package for one lucky student. Makeover, hair cut, clothes, briefcase, resume writing assistance, car, furniture, etc. The more businesses you involve, the bigger the prize, the more promotion, and the more buzz you create.
- How about the high school crowd? What are you doing to support their secondary sports? Football, Baseball, and Basketball get the lion-share of the money. Look beyond the big three for passionate enthusiasts who will support businesses that support them.
Creating buzz isn’t hard, but it does take a creative approach and a willingness to look outside the box. What are some of the interesting buzz marketing tactics you’ve seen? Please share them in the comments section!